If you enjoy wine, the best place to be in Argentina is in Mendoza. It produces more wine than any other Latin American region.
Luckily for the grape growers, Argentina doesn’t get a lot of rain, and the grape plants are watered through irrigation systems which bring water down from the mountains. So, the grapes get good, pure water when they need it, which means they are tasty and excellent quality.
The Uco Valley
Tuñyan, Vista Flores, San Carlos, La Consulta and Tupungato.
The Eastern Region
Junin, Rivadavia and San Martin.
The Central Region
Agrelo, Lujan de Cuyo, Maipu and Lunlunta.
You can visit wineries in all three regions and on a wine tour lasting a full day, you will normally get to visit two or three Bodegas. The tours usually include a visit to the vineyards a look in cellars, wine tastings and lunch with wine of course!
Other tours include visiting Bodegas on horseback, or cycling around the wineries. If you want to take your time visiting the different regions, then you can opt for a 2, 3 or 4 day tour.
Well known Argentinian wines include:
- Malbec – A fruity full bodied red
- Cabernet Sauvignon- More popularly known in the Bordeaux region of France, this wine is fast becoming an Argentine rival to Malbec.
- Chardonnay – A crisp refreshing white wine.
- Torrentes – Only made in Argentina. It is a white wine with light refreshing flavour.
- Pinot Noir – Another well- known French grape. It is a light, fruity red.
A wine tour is a good opportunity not only to taste really good wine, but also to eat good food and see the beautiful Argentinian countryside.
If you want to know more about our wine tours, fill in the following form;